VOTED BEST VETERINARY HOSPITAL IN CENTRAL OHIO (2019, 2020, 2021)
TAHO is seeking an educated and experienced RVT to fill a full-time position within our outpatient medical department.
Our RVTs function as leaders amongst our medical team to help ensure we are continuously delivering the best medical care possible.
- Must enjoy talking/developing relationships with our clients and patients.
- Must work well under fast-paced and sometimes stressful conditions - must remain calm/professional.
- Must be self motivated but work well within a close team environment.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times.
- Must be able to accept direction and follow instructions.
- Must be able to professionally and courteously offer guidance/assistance to other team members.
- Must be skilled in telecommunications and with computers (MACS/iPads).
- Must have advanced knowledge of veterinary medicine and animal care.
- Must have experience in client education.
- Must be proficient in veterinary technical skills, including: IV catheterization, venipuncture, microscopic lab tests (UA, Fecal analysis, Ear Cytologies, etc), anesthetic/patient monitoring, medical documentation, radiology, veterinary terminology, general pharmacology, etc.
- Utilized technician skills and educations to provide medical care to all patients under the guidance/instruction of a DVM.
- Performs all lab tests accurately, documents and relays results appropriately.
- Takes initiative and predicts needs of other team members to promote efficiency.
- Properly handles, fills, and reviews prescription drugs under supervision/guidance of DVM.
- Screens the needs of others within the outpatient department, as well as inpatient needs, to ensure patient care is always maintained at the highest level possible.
- Must be well skilled in proper animal handling and behavior.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of schedule shifts (8 hours/day).
- Must be able to bend/kneel repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to handle and work with cleaning supplies/chemicals.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for all clients, patients, and team.
- Provides leadership to team members as needed.
- Manages high-volume outpatient appointments - carefully monitoring waiting times and ensuring quality of care.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times. Must be able to interact with clients.
- Provides general assistance to organization's directors.
We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide - RVT candidates must be dedicated to providing the highest level of medical care possible and must be willing and eager to evolve and continue to grow professionally. The ability to work well and communicate with a very close team and accept direction is required.
Experience Level: Experience preferred. New/recent graduates who have passed the VTNE are encouraged to apply.
Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Science/Technology. Must have taken and passed the VTNE and currently licensed as an RVT in the state of Ohio.
Hours: Monday-Friday 11am-7pm
Dependent on Experience
- Complimentary Veterinary Care
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Six Paid Holidays
- PTO/Vacation Time After One Year
- Continued Education Credits
Interested/qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to JoinTheTeam@AnimalHealth.us
*Applicants who do not submit both a resume and a cover letter highlighting their experience and how that can be applied to this position will not be considered. Must show proof of RVT status.
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved.
The Animal Health Organization
Due to the increased demand for veterinary services and changes in protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our clients may experience (and should expect) longer-than-normal/extended waiting periods.
Please be assured that our team is working diligently to continue to provide the high level of medical and client service we are so well known for.