VOTED BEST VETERINARY HOSPITAL IN CENTRAL OHIO (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023)
TAHO is seeking an educated and experienced RVT to fill a full-time position within our surgical department.
Our surgical RVTs function as leaders amongst our surgical team to help ensure we are continuously delivering the best medical care possible. RVT roles rotate on a weekly basis between surgical prep and surgical assisting. TAHO operates a high-volume spay/neuter program which can safely accommodate anywhere from 30-60 surgical candidates each day.
- Must enjoy surgical side of veterinary med.
- Must work well under fast-paced and sometimes stressful conditions - must remain calm/professional.
- Must be self motivated but work well within a close team environment.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high quality patient care.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times.
- Must be able to accept direction and follow instructions.
- Must be able to professionally and courteously offer guidance/assistance to other team members.
- Must be skilled in telecommunications and with computers (MACS/iPads).
- Must have advanced knowledge of veterinary medicine, animal care, controlled substances, surgical prep, anesthetic monitoring, and post surgical recovery care.
- Must be proficient in veterinary technical skills, including: IV catheterization, venipuncture, microscopic lab tests (UA, Fecal analysis, Ear Cytologies, etc), anesthetic/patient monitoring, medical documentation, radiology, veterinary terminology, general pharmacology, CPR/life saving procedures, etc.
- Utilizes technical skills and education to provide medical care to all patients under the guidance/instruction of a DVM.
- Performs all lab tests accurately, documents and relays results appropriately.
- Takes initiative and predicts needs of other team members and patients to promote efficiency.
- Properly handles, fills, and reviews prescription drugs under supervision/guidance of DVM.
- Performs surgical admission to all incoming surgical patients - ensuring accuracy in documentation including requests, medical needs, authorization forms, etc.
- Assists the DVM in examination of each surgical patient.
- Prepares all surgical charts and all anesthetic/sedative drugs for each patient, ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares all areas of the surgical department for the days procedures (sx prep, OR, and recovery unit.
- Performs all QC checks on all anesthetic and monitoring equipment prior to use.
- Monitors controlled substances. Maintains accurate drug logs in compliance with DEA and TAHO standards/protocols
- Preps all surgical patients for surgery while maintaining all TAHO standards/protocols for patient safety.
- Monitors all surgical patients throughout their procedures.
- Communicates constantly and closely with all surgical team members to ensure patient safety.
- Performs all recommended, requested medical services (vaccinations, nail trims, ear cytologies, etc).
- Safely transfers patients to recovery unit and relays all information to recovery team.
- Maintains organization, cleanliness of all surgical areas throughout the day.
- Must be well skilled in proper animal handling and behavior.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of schedule shifts (8 hours/day).
- Must be able to bend/kneel repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to handle and work with cleaning supplies/chemicals.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for all clients, patients, and team.
- Provides leadership to surgical team members as needed.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times. Must be able to interact with clients.
- Provides general assistance to organization's directors.
We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide - RVT candidates must be dedicated to providing the highest level of medical care possible and must be willing and eager to evolve and continue to grow professionally. The ability to work well and communicate with a very close team and accept direction is required.
Experience Level: Surgical experience preferred. New/recent graduates who have passed the VTNE are encouraged to apply.
Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Science/Technology. Must have taken and passed the VTNE and currently licensed as an RVT in the state of Ohio.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
- Complimentary Veterinary Care
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Six Paid Holidays
- PTO/Vacation Time After One Year
- Continued Education Credits
Interested/qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to JoinTheTeam@AnimalHealth.us
*Applicants who do not submit both a resume and a cover letter highlighting their experience and how that can be applied to this position will not be considered. Must show proof of RVT status.
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved.
The Animal Health Organization
Due to the increased demand for veterinary services our clients may experience (and should expect) longer-than-normal/extended waiting periods.
Please be assured that our team is working diligently to continue to provide the high level of medical and client service we are so well known for.