TAHO is seeking a dedicated and compassionate individual to fill a full-time Veterinary Assistant position within our organization.
Our VTAs primarily focus on providing assistance to all of our medical and surgical professionals, as well as maintaining a clean and organized hospital environment.
- Must enjoy talking/developing relationships with our clients and patients.
- Must work well under fast-paced and sometimes stressful conditions - must remain calm professional.
- Must be self motivated but work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times.
- Must be able to accept direction and follow instructions.
- Must be skilled in telecommunications and with computers (MACS/iPads).
- Must have basic knowledge of veterinary medicine and animal care - or willing/eager to learn.
- Must have experience in interacting with the public and working with a team.
- Provides general assistance to all medical and surgical professionals.
- Must be well skilled, or able/willing to learn, proper animal handling and behavior.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of schedule shifts (8 hours/day).
- Must be able to bend/kneel repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to handle and work with cleaning supplies/chemicals.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for all clients, patients, and team.
- Assists the medical team with some minor patient care duties, including: monitoring hospitalized patients in passing, continuously ensuring all patients are fed, watered, and are in clean and safe environments at all times.
- Manages high-volume surgical release/discharge. Organizes ands Reviews all post-operative instructions with clients. Maintains order during high-volume release.
- Must be presentable and professional at all times. Must be able to interact with clients.
- Must be very friendly and personable.
- Ensures all kennels are maintained and properly sanitized.
- Ensures the hospital is clean and organized at all times throughout the day, and prior to leaving shift.
- Provides general assistance to organization's directors.
We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide - VTA candidates must excel in customer service and have a bright positive attitude. The ability to work well with a team and accept direction is required.
Experience Level: Entry Level.
On-the-job training provided.
Hours: Monday-Friday 12pm-8pm
Salary: $10 - $11/hr
Dependent on Experience
- Complimentary Veterinary Care
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Six Paid Holidays
- PTO/Vacation Time After One Year
- Continued Education Opportunities
- Access to additional employment opportunities as you grow professionally.
Interested/qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to JoinTheTeam@AnimalHealth.us
*Applicants who do not submit both a resume and a cover letter highlighting their experience and how that can be applied to this position will not be considered.
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved.
The Animal Health Organization
Due to the increased demand for veterinary services and changes in protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our clients may experience (and should expect) longer-than-normal/extended waiting periods.
Please be assured that our team is working diligently to continue to provide the high level of medical and client service we are so well known for.